NOT My Videos: GTA 4 Bloopers Glitches & Silly Stuff(blog posts below)

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lamb To The Slaughter Versus The Way Up To Heaven

Hi everyone. I am back again. Sorry for not blogging for a long time. For this post, I shall share with you the comparison of two stories. That is, 'Lamb To The Slaughter' by Roald Dahl if you did not already know, and 'The Way Up To Heaven' which is also by Roald Dahl. What are the similarities and differences between the two stories? Well, that is why I am here! I am here to answer that question! I recommend you readers to read the two stories first before reading the next few bits.

First stop, the similarities:
1) Both stories are about lying and deception
2) Both stories include the deaths of the husbands
3) Both stories include couples
4) Both husbands did not treat their wives well
5) Both husbands did not really love their wives
6) Both husbands were killed by their wives in a smart and cunning way
7) Both wives knew how to get rid of the evidences that they were the murderers
8) Both wives were like professional actresses, they knew how to act innocent without any flaws

Next stop, the differences:
1) 'Lamb to the Slaughter' includes a young couple while 'The Way Up to Heaven' includes an old couple
2) Mary Maloney(The name of the wife in 'Lamb to the Slaughter') killed her husband with the leg of a lamb while Mrs Foster(The name of the wife in 'The Way Up to Heaven') killed her husband by trapping him in the lift
3) Mary Maloney killed her husband due to the fact that he was going to leave her in her extreme state of pregnancy while Mrs Foster killed her husband due to the fact that he was always trying to delay her time and make her late
4) Mary Maloney made herself less suspected as the murderer by going to the grocer and acted normal in front of him while Mrs Foster made herself less suspected as the murderer by going off to the airport for her flight as she left her husband trapped in the lift to die

Last stop, which story I prefer and why:
Well, I prefer the story 'The Way Up to Heaven'. The reason? Well, how about this: I do not know(Ha ha! Just joking!). The true reason is, the writer did not straight away tell us that Mrs Foster was trying to kill her husband. He let us figure it out ourselves after much thinking and brainstorming. I always love challenges(Although not challenges that are too hard to solve.). In a rather tricky and cunning manner, she killed her husband just by trapping her in the lift. Whereas the Mary Maloney just simply killed her husband by hitting his head with a lamb's leg. I preferred Mrs Foster's method as it is more 'creative'. I wondered how Mrs Foster knew that the lift was going to breakdown. Maybe she had enhance vision(Ha ha!).

So all in all, that is my post on the two stories. Thank you for your time to read this lengthy(and somewhat boring) post. See you guys next time. May new posts come your way!

2 comments:

  1. Nice summary and comparison between the two stories Kenneth. Your posts are always very attracting and you express your thoughts in a special way, especially when you put brackets after you state something. I agree that Mrs Foster's method is more "creative". But on the other hand, Mrs Maloney does not have the luxury of time to make her method of murder more "creative" (haha(copying Kenneth)). Your statements are always mind-prickling, especially the one when you said how Mrs Foster know that the lift was going to breakdown. This actually stimulates thoughts and provokes people to think. In a nutshell, nice post!

    Jack(07) 1O3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Kenneth!!! Did not see much comments on your blog but will look for your comments on your classmates blogs.

    ReplyDelete