Yaaahhhoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got back from the BIG RUN today! What? Do not understand? Well, let me explain. It might even come as a shock to you. It is so terrifying that your hair will stand on end. You will be standing with your mouth 'hanging' open. You will drop dead on the floor and finally die. Okay okay, let me get to the point. First of all, there is no lessons today. How good is that!
Next, we did not have lessons today because of..................um, are you guys dying to know that? Well, because of a run! A BIG run. Guess what? It is a distance of three kilometers! How long is that! And you know how much time I took for that? Seventeen and a half hours! Ha ha, just joking. Seventeen and a half seconds! Ha ha, that is impossible. Well, I guess by now you should know how long I took. It is not in hours and neither is it in seconds, so you guys should be able to know(unless you tell me you failed your mathematics).
Seventeen and a half minutes! That is the worst record I had ever heard. My friends all took off like race cars while I was lagging behind like a snail. Maybe it is about time I bought a human engine(Ha ha). The entire school assembled at the terraces today(I am talking about the pupils, not the buildings that make up the school). First to begin was lighting a cigarette. Ha ha, just joking.
First of all, we had some representatives from the four consortiums stationed at different positions around the four hundred meters track(By the way, the students in my school are grouped into four different consortiums. Just in case you do not know, here they are: Aphelion, Ortus, Pro Ed and Ispark.). The point here is: a fire will be lit on a torch, passed from consortium to consortium until the torch came back to the starting position. It will then be handed over to the Deputy Principal and he will light the um......what do you call that? Never mind, he will use the torch to light another torch which is stationed and fixed(a bit like what they do in the Olympics, if you do not get the picture).
First to start was the Aphelion consortium. They ran together with one of them holding the torch. As they proceeded on to one quarter of the track, another consortium was there to meet them. That is, Ispark. As the two groups ran together with 'pain', the commentator(Yes, she was there to summarize the whole thing up.) kept on talking and talking and babbling into the microphone. Next stop, half way through, was Pro Ed. With much anticipation, they took the torch and the three groups ran together to the final stop. As they reached three quarters point of the four hundred track, another consortium was there to meet them. And with pleasure may I announce, The Ortus Consortium! I know, it sounds rather dramatic and 'show-offic', but hey, what is wrong with that? There is nothing wrong with loving your own consortium and it does not mean that I hate the other consortiums.
As they passed it to the Deputy Principal, the excitement began(Well, in actual fact, the excitement already started a long time ago.). With great anticipation, the 'Main Torch' was lit and there was great roaring of applause. You know what? Not only are the student running. The teachers and staff were going to run too! But of course, it is one at a time. Or else there will be human jam instead of traffic jam. First to start was the Secondary Ones. That is, us. The pupils representing each class got to start first. With the sound of a fart(Well, it is actually a horn. But it sounded more like a high-pitched fart to me.), the representatives took off. Yes, they took off into the air(Ha ha!). Next, it is our turn to start. To my great disappointment, the 'referee' did not use the fart, but the whistle instead(I would like to hear the fart again. It is so 'laughy'! Ha ha! HA HA HA!).
I started out slowly, and even slower when going uphill. I hate them! They 'burnt' me up. But I especially love the downhill route. It allows me to charge down at supersonic speed. If I am not wrong, I think I reach 99999999km/h. HA HA! Of course, it was rather tiring. It is a good thing we are still in secondary one, or else we would have to run four kilometres! Anyway, the route was rather long. I managed to keep my spirit alive until it went dead.
It happened when I was running along the path. My legs felt like tons of metal. My hands began to 'gain weight'. I could not take it anymore. With the last breath out, I slowed to a walk. I did not know how long I had been walking. As I looked at my stopwatch............OH MY GOD!!! Twelve minutes!!! Three minutes left to break my fastest record: fifteen minutes! With that, I shot off at ULTIMATE speed. The rest of the people were left in the dusk. As I crossed the finishing line, I looked at my stopwatch. The result? Well, I told you that before right? Seventeen and a half minutes. Groan. The pupil waiting at the finishing line did not give me anything, which means I am not the top hundred pupils to have complete the race. Moan.
So, that's that. It was mere fifteen minutes after I completed the race that all the secondary one pupils completed the race. In case you did not know, the Deputy Principal also joined in the race. Now, where is the CEO Principal? Why did he not run? Slack(Joking!). Well, maybe he is too old to do so. But hey, people should still exercise when they are old. It makes them healthy. After all this, there is the prize-giving ceremony. Well, our class did not win anything. But that does not matter. What matters is to FINISH THE RACE. That is the true spirit of sportsmanship.
I guess after all this reading you guys would like to take a break. Well, I do not blame. Besides, it is the end of this post. Oh, I almost forgot, here's another video! Enjoy! More posts coming your way!
Your blog is hilarious. You are able to relate jokes to real life events and that is good. I laughed silently when I read the part about lighting the cigarette. (HEE HEE) You stated that you were lagging behind. Perhaps we can find a day to stay back to train together on the school track. We should make good use of it as not every school is as fortunate as us, having a big track right in the school.
ReplyDeleteJack(07) 1O3
heyy-ya keno. wanna go jogging for 3 whole hours straight without stopping. if u want just sms me. i'm free on sat and sun. anyway. my usual run is 3km. Cross Country Race(CCR) is 15.5km. for 4 hours. cannot stop. only can jog. that's how i train. good luck for whatever that may come in your way. :D
ReplyDeleteHey Ken,
ReplyDeleteThis is post is absolutely ticklish! I agree with Jack about the funny parts. Oh, you said you were lagging behind, well, I lagged further behind you. I finished roughly in 19 mins! That was my fastest so far. I cannot run that fast like you guys. I have prunated feet being corrected. If i run too fast, I will sprain my ankle. That will be DOOM for me... At least you do not have those kinds of problems...