Pretty interesting ain't it? Don't jump to conclusion! Hehe! If you want to see the original picture, here you go: http://www.pikistrips.com/ps/gallery/view_image/35377403. Now, down to my explanation:
First of all, all these pictures, backgrounds and characters are drawn by me purely on Adobe Flash CS4 Professional. They are not created on www.toondoo.com. Okay, so it looks rather ugly but I am not used to drawing on the computer. Anyway, I picked soccer to represent it since there are so many lessons you can learn from soccer. The soccer player and the goalkeeper make up most of the plot, oh, and you can include the soccer ball too.
The goalkeeper's personality of crowing and laughing at the soccer player when he kicks the ball too high shows the fact that he is very proud of himself, and straight away declare that he had missed the shot. We can see this from the second picture when he says: "Haha! Out!". The soccer player himself is just a humble little lad who does nothing when he had missed the shot. He did not even try to cover it up by saying something. All these personification makes up part of the plot and gives an idea of what is going to happen next.
Comics are supposed to be funny(At least I think so.), so the last part about the ball falling through the top of the net makes it that way. It too, tells us that unexpected things can happen when we least expected it. The background, which consists of the goal post and the grass patch, tells us the characters are at the soccer field. The different colour pants of the characters shows us that they are from different teams.
Well, that's all I have to say. To be honest, this was adapted from an old hand-drawn comic of mine. In fact, I had drawn tons of comics in primary school life time but I seem to have dump them somewhere I could not remember. I just gotta find them again! So there, that commences my post on this day of online lesson. May more posts come your way! Good luck on your comics!
Hi Kenneth,
ReplyDeleteHaha! Loved your comic. There is something else that I would like to add for your moral of the story, it is that one should never be complacent, just like the race between the rabbit and the tortoise with tortoise's "slow and steady" winning the race while the rabbit was too complacent, taking a nap instead of completing the race first.
Gregory
hihi kenneth,
ReplyDeleteYour comic is soooo funny and interesting. I love them a lot. If you do not mind, you can see mine at www.love-hwachong.blogspot.com . It is worser than yours without any explaination. I would like to comment on your moral of the story now. I fully agree with your saying that unexpected things can happen when we least expected it. I like gregory's saying too as that is a very well-known and good example. Lastly, happy new year and have fun drawing your comics!
Yes I agree with your viewpoint. We must always be ready to face whatever that is ahead of us and to expect the unexpected so as to prevent ourselves from being caught surprised by unexpected circumstances. From my point of view, honestly speaking, I do not find it really funny, perhaps because I saw this happening in real life. It was really funny when I watched it the first time. Anyway, good job Kenneth!
ReplyDeleteJack Tan 2O307
I find your comic strip quite interesting. However, I feel that the fact that you said that "so the last part about the ball falling through the top of the net makes it that way. It too, tells us that unexpected things can happen when we least expected it." it was something which you made up on the spot and not something which you purposely drew to relay the message that expect the unexpected. To add on, I feel that you should not have used soccer as an example as in soccer, a goal is a goal, the ball can't just go through the net like that. In soccer, it is very straight forward, goal=goal, no goal=no goal. Hope my comments were constructive.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Weijin's viewpoint. Perhaps using an alternative example would be better. However, you have done a good job, I see you have put in lots of effort in your blog. I also agree with the moral of the story and the meaning behind it. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteStanford Kong 2O309
@Wei Jin: I am not sure if you guys get my point. A comic strip is suppose to be nonsensical. That means things that can never happen in real life can happen in a comic. Oh, and I don't understand what you mean by "it was something which you made up on the spot and not something which you purposely drew to relay the message that expect the unexpected". Please explain that. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteyour comic is quite interesting. i agree that we must always be ready to face anything that comes your way, even when it seems to be over. however, how can the ball fall through the net? that kind of thing does not happen. Anyway, Good try!!
ReplyDeleteNicely done Kenneth. This comic strips had taught me not to assume at whatever that had happened as it might turn out another way. I felt that your comic is very interesting and funny. It would be much better if you add more colors, but overall is nicely done.
ReplyDelete