NOT My Videos: GTA 4 Bloopers Glitches & Silly Stuff(blog posts below)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Home Online Learning Term 2

Right, today is Home Online Learning, as we all know, so I am not going to be as jokey as before(HAHA! Laugh! Laugh!). Time to get REAL serious! Ha ha ha ha! I can't control myself. What do we have to do for LA? Oh yes, analyse that poem with self experiences and create a poem! I need an analyser! Just to make stuff easier for everyone(no, it does not make my work easier!), I will put the poem here:

The Son is in Secondary School by Affian Sa’at

My badge has a Latin motto
Hope for the future
The future is hope
Or something


The author sends us a message indirectly that he does not really understand his school motto.

At times black crows try to interrupt
When we sing the National Anthem


This clearly shows that during the singing of the national anthem, sometimes there will be other unnecessary noises made by other students.

It is difficult to maintain
The whiteness of my shoes
Especially on Wednesdays


I believe the author always have some kind of activity going on Wednesday, like soccer training perhaps? He says that his shoes usually get dirty on that day.

I must admit there is something quite special
About the bare thighs of hardworking scouts


He obviously hates scouts as he had to ADMIT<---keyword! that there was something special about the bare thighs of them.

The Malay chauffeurs
Who wait for my schoolmates
Sit on the car park kerb
Telling jokes to one another


The author tells us that his friends belong to very rich families as they had chauffeurs to drive for them. I am not so sure about the poet himself. Perhaps it's a no.

Seven to the power of five is unreasonable

The author obviously hates Mathematics since there are so much to learn which is quite confusing and frustrating.

On Chinese New Year
Mrs Lee dressed up
In a sarong kebaya
And sang Bengawan Solo


The author finds his school a weird place when it comes to events and celebrations with the fact that a teacher dressed up in a sarong kebaya and sang Bengawan Solo during Chinese New Year.

The capital of Singapore is Singapore

The author knows his country well.

My best friend did a heroic thing once
Shaded all A’s
For his Chinese Language
Multiple-choice paper


He admire his friends a lot. Once, a friend of his shaded(purposely, I think) all of his answers as 'A' and the poet was really impressed in a way that he called him heroic.

In our annual yearbook
There is a photograph of me


The author is part of the school and in this part of the poem, the author has graduated from secondary school.

Pushing a wheelchair and smiling
They caught me
At the exact moment


The author is smiling and perhaps a friend of his is sitting on a wheelchair and he had to help him/her to position just before the camera snapped.

When my eyes were actually closed

The camera snapped just as the author closed his eyes.

My Experience:
For my experience, I too, missed my primary school mates. Ahh...those were the days...in which I too, hate Mathematics, but I believe my photo hasn't been taken with my eyes closed. The only problem was that I don't know how to show my teeth when I smile. Well, seriously! There sure are a lot of events that I had experienced and enjoyed, like the Chinese New Year celebration and National Day celebration. I was in scout too but I hated it now. It is a complete waste of time, just simply disciplining you and blah blah blah... I don't care what benefits there are but I just hate it!

I certainly am not allowed to play sports after school and to go home straight.(A totally ridiculous rule by my mum). Mt family is not really rich, but enough to have a bit luxury. I do have a friend who's friend purposely do badly in examinations just to get to the lousier class to release his stress. Perhaps I should try that some time in the future(He he!).

My Poem:
Sweating under the burning sun,
There were thoughts of chat and fun.
Those were the days of great people,
Setting exams that were so simple.

I could barely breathe one bit,
Being in the sixth year I could hardly sit.
Listening to the clock's ticking,
As each second tells me PSLE is coming.

Then came the real of deal,
I felt as though my life was sealed.
The paper just came flowing through,
Just like sharks with skins of rough.

Looking back at the long journey,
Which had went by so suddenly.
I began to thought of all the things,
My peers, my teachers were just like my siblings

How I hope I could forget,
That life of humans are all set.
There's no changing or turning back,
Without a time machine which we lack.

2 comments:

  1. I do like your poem. However, at the 2nd stanza, 2nd line, "As I sat on Primary Six's sit". It is grammatically wrong. It should be this "seat" instead of the other "sit". Although it rhymes, but it does not have the same spelling and have different meanings though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kenneth,nice poem...I really enjoyed it.In this poem, you provided very vivid description.It almost made me felt that I was there.Keep up the good job.You know,maybe you can add in some poems in your blog.It will be super!

    ReplyDelete